Hi guys, we often met problems in using iPod, such as when we meet with a beloved movies we are in trouble to enjoy it on our iPod. Thus I write this document that shows how to rip and convert DVDs or other videos to your iPod MP4.
1. First of all, please download ImTOO DVD to iPod Converter
2. Run it and open your local DVD by clicking "Add DVD Folder" button under "File" menu.
3. Click “Show Chapters” button to see all the chapters within the file.
4. Set output format: In “Profile” drop down list box, you may select output format. The software allows setting different output formats according to different files.
Tips: by selecting iPod MPEG-4 Movie format (*.mp4) in “Profile” drop down list box, the software will produce iPod mp4 formats.
5. Set conversion mode (Optional)
After selecting certain output format, the right column will show its general standard. By clicking certain settings such as 'Zoom', 'Split', 'Destination' and ‘Title’ etc, you may set it.
Please note: you can set "Bit Rate" by choosing the rate given, such as "512". Certainly, you can keep all the above options default without any change.
6. Start conversion:
Finally, selected the chapter you want to convert and start conversion by right-clicking the chapter name and selecting ‘Rip Selected’ under the menu.
After a short while, you will get a file that is ready to be played on your iPod. But how do you add it to your iPod? Here is the way:
1. Please click ‘Open’ button after the conversion is completed.
2. Find the converted file in the destination folder and pull it to your iTunes.
If you don’t have an iTunes yet, please download it freely here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
3. Pull the file list under the iTunes to your iPod. Then you will see the file name under ‘Recently Added’ list of your iPod menus.
Finally, you are able to enjoy your beloved movies on your iPod breezily!